March 21, 2006

Personal: Man Boobs



What do I and this chap have in common? Some of you might think that he and I share a common name or nickname.Others of you might point out that he and I share a Celtic heritage. Or perhaps we both look good draped in towels. All of these might be true..to some extent..but they are far too obvious.

The answer is Gynecomastia. This is roughly translated to Man Boobs. There are several causes such as marijuana use, aging, or the unwelcome side-effects of some medications. In my case it could be all of the above. But, until recently, despite my portly form of late, it has never been an issue. But a few weeks ago I noticed that one of my boobies is getting larger than the other. I went to see my main quack this morning and he assured me it wasn't breast cancer (call me paranoid), but just the side effect of my leukaemia chemo-therapy.

I was only slightly reassured by this. Why only one side? Will I have to get a one-titted bra? Will I have to run away and join the circus? Do they still have freak shows in the circus? Are they hiring? These and many other questions raced through my mind as I hurried home to tell Jane. She was cool about the whole thing. Not a jealous bone in her body.

So I thought I'd share the news with all my friends...and you fuckers too!